For the public
Here are other sites that may be of interest to those researching the Denison family.
- We have a select set of biographies online. You’ll find them here.
- The Find-a-grave team have photographed the cemetery stones. It’s worth browsing as they’ve done historical research.
- The history of the Church of St. Stephen-in-the-Fields.
- Historic Plaques of the City of Toronto. Click on County of Metropolitan Toronto and look for Plaque #53 (GT Denison III), Plaque #105 (Canada First), Plaque #155 (St Stephen-in-the-field), Cairn #24 (Capt John’s Tomb in the cemetery), Plaque #25 (on the chapel)
- Toronto neighbourhoods (select a neighbourhood and it will give you the history – many involve the Denisons) Then click on “downtown” and then neighborhoods like South Annex or Dufferin Grove.
- Massey-Quick House (the application for “historical site” status)
- Governor Generals Horse Guards mail site History
- Governor General’s Horse Guards wikipedia page with references to Denions.
- There are lots of references to Denison’s in wikipedia.
If you’re A member of the Family
Please go to our Facebook group for more information about the family. The Facebook group is closed to just family members.
It’s easy to find the group. In Facebook, just search for “Denison Family of Toronto” and click to request to join the group. We’ll validate your name in the family tree. If we can’t find you or are uncertain, we’ll connect with you via Facebook messenger. Please watch for that.
If you need the cemetery for a burial
First of all, you have our condolences.
Please refer to the pdf document “In Case of Need“. It will guide you through the process. There are some forms that you’ll need to fill out. You can print the forms that are in the pdf version of In Case of Need or you can complete the Word files below and email them to the Property Manager (or their designate). Please refer to In Case of Need for contact information.
The forms are:
- Application for Interment – you’ll need to complete this one first.
- Application to Erect a Monument – you’ll need this one when you decide to put in a stone memorial or marker.
- Application for Interment of Cremated Remains – if you wish to bury cremated remains, there is an additional step with the groundskeeper that this form will initiate.